Search Engine
Interview with Niamh Neylon, the Irish Consul, about studying and living in Ireland

Course Guide   
  Choosing a program
  Choosing Country
  Course Time/Period
  Course Duration
  Program Features
  Englist Test
Education Guide   
  Language Schools
  Standart Courses
  Intensive Courses
  One to One Courses
  Academic Year Programs
  Summer Schools
  Business Courses
  Certificate and Diploma
  High School
  UK-Sertified School List
University Guide   
Work & Study Guide   
  Work & Travel
  Camp USA
  Au-pair USA
  Au-pair UK

Can I come to the United States if I do not have a job?
No. Horizon International, Inc. requires that all participants have jobs and housing secured prior to their arrival. Each participant will need to sign a job offer or an employment contract prior to arrival in the United States.

b) How much money should I bring with me to the United States?
Horizon International, Inc. recommends that all participants bring at least $700 to the United States. This excludes the transportation cost, the housing deposit and the first month rent. You will be responsible for your personal expenses throughout the entire program.

Do I need to obtain a Social Security Number (SSN)?
Yes. Each person who works in the United States should have a Social Security Number (SSN). One of the first things you should do upon your arrival is visit the local Social Security Office to apply for your SSN. If you already have a SSN, you do not need to apply for a new number.

Do I need to pay income taxes?
Yes. Anyone who works in the United States is required to pay Federal, State and City taxes. You will not have to pay Social Security & Medicare Tax (FICA) or Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA). At the end of the year, you will be required to file an Income Tax Return that is due by April 15.

Besides my primary job placement, can I get a second job while in the program?
Yes. You can apply for a second job, as long as you respect and take as a priority the schedule of your primary site of activity.

Can I change my job placement?
No. You are not free to change the job site without permission (in writing) from  Horizon International.

Can I travel in the United States before my departure?
Yes. This program was originally designed so that participants can work in the United States for a total of 3 months and have 1 month to travel.

Can I leave the United States and re-enter on my J-1 Visa?
Yes. But you must meet all the following conditions: you must have a valid passport, a multi-entry valid visa and valid Form DS-2019 with the sponsor’s signature for travel authorization.

Can I extend my status?
No. .

Can I participate in the Summer Work Travel Program again next year?
Yes. You can participate more than once in this exchange program.

Facebook Payla

Copyright © 1999-2010 - HORIZON ® International Education Consultancy
Firefox 3.0+ & 1024+ Çözünürlük. ::: 0.018 seconds.
Choosing a program- Choosing Country- Course Duration- Course Time/Period - Englist Test- FAQ- Program Features - UK Top Language Schools- Academic Year Programs- Business Courses- Certificate and Diploma- High School- Intensive Courses- Language Schools- Most Popular Language Schools- One to One Courses- Standart Courses- Summer Schools- UK-Sertified School List- MBA- Phd- Postgraduate- Top University List- Undergraduate- Au-pair UK- Au-pair USA- Camp USA- Internship- Opus- Social Responsibility Project of the Year- Work & Travel-