All participants participating in the Horizon International Summer Work Travel Program must observe and respect all the rules and the procedures of the program as well as United States Government and State Laws.
Please read carefully all of the following rules. Some of the items are excerpted from the Horizon nternational, Inc. application form, but some of them are added to the agreement you
have signed as a part of your application.
- The program is designed to increase understanding among people of the world and is not to be used for the sole purpose of foreign language training or working
- You must have housing and job placement secured prior to your arrival The J-1 Visa allows you to work only during the dates specified on the Form DS-2019
- You must leave the United States upon completion of the program, no later than 30 days after the end date listed on the DS-2019 Form
- You must report to the employer within five days of arrival in the Unites States
- Permission to change jobs will be granted only if the employer has violated the terms of the job offer. Leaving without permission (in writing) from Horizon International, Inc. Will result in your program termination and you will be required to return home
- You must obey all local, state and federal regulations
- You must follow all the employer guidelines, rules and regulations
- You must respect the property of others, the work and travel site and the housing facility. Destruction and/or theft of property will be grounds for eviction and/or disciplinary sanctions
- You must contact the Horizon International, Inc. main offices before any change in job status or housing address within ten days
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited by anyone under the age of 21
- The possession of illegal drugs is prohibited
1) Cancellations received between the time of application submission and DS-2019 issuances are subject to a USD$150 per applicant cancellation fee.
2) Cancellations received between DS-2019 issuance and arrival are subject to the following terms:
a. USD$250 per applicant cancellation fee for Self-Placement option/USD$300 for Work Placement Assistance option.
b. The DS-2019 form must be returned to Horizon in order to receive a refund.
3) In the case of visa denial, the unused DS-2019 form must be returned to Horizon International with proof of denial (letter from the US Consulate) after which a refund will be issued less a USD$150 administrative fee. The form must be returned to Horizon int no more that 60 days after the start date of the form.
4) Replacement: If Horizon international makes an error on the DS-2019, requiring a reissue, there will be no charge to the participant.
5) If there is an error made due to negligence in confirming the information on the “check list” by the Partner Agency, there will be a USD$100 replacement fee.
6) The participant is not eligible for a refund once he/she has entered the U.S. This includes:
termination of employment, and/or early departure from the U.S. back to the home country.