With the OPUS program, your study and work placement in Vancouver will allow you to apply what you learn in the classroom to your work environment. You’ll have the life-changing opportunity to practice your language skills with native speakers in real-life work situations.
Combining an English language program with a paid work placement makes for an affordable and effective learning experience. With the OPUS program, your integrated studies and work placement will allow you to practice your language skills with native speakers in a reallife work situation.
You will be placed in a paid placement 8 weeks after the start of your program. All positions are in the Customer Service/Retail industry in Vancouver. You will work part-time during your studies (16 – 20 hours per week) and during vacation periods.
Our OPUS Co-op Work Program offers the following:
- 6 and 9 months work and study programs in Vancouver
- Opportunity to practice the English you learn in the classroom in a work setting
- The study portion of your course will include a Workplace Preparation Program
The OPUS Co-op Work Program is ideal for you if:
- Your goal is to improve your English skills in a Customer Service / Retail environment
- You can stay in Canada for at least 26 weeks (program lengths vary)
- You are 18-30 years old
- You are looking for a more affordable learning experience
Program includes 8 weeks of English studies + 16 weeks of English studies/part-time work + 2-4 weeks vacation* (see dates)
Program includes 8 weeks of English studies + 24 weeks of English studies/part-time work + 3-5 weeks vacation* (see dates)
Examples of jobs : Shops, Restaurants, Bars, Coffee Shops
Minimum wage: $8 per hour
* You will be expected to continue to work during your vacation.
English studies combined with a paid work placement. You will study in the morning and work in the evening and
Opus 6: 26-27 (24 weeks of lessons + 2-3 weeks vacation)
Opus 9: 35-37 (32 weeks of lessons + 3-5 weeks vacation)
Hours per week: 20 lessons + 7.5 hours of Task Team Time
Lesson Length: 45 minutes
Class Size: average 12, maximum 15
Entry Level: B1 - Intermediate Plus. We will pre-test you before you arrive.
Minimum Age: 18
Apply in 5 easy steps:
1. Request and complete an application form from your PLI Sales Advisor.
2. PLI will send you a free English test.
3. Send us your CV in English by email.
4. We will arrange a telephone interview to test your spoken English.
5. Send us payment for the program fees and we will send you the visa letter so that you can apply for a study permit and a work authorization